Day 1☀️- Climate

Today is my first day in the desert. I’m spending my trip in the dry and hot desert, but the desert biome also includes semi-arid deserts, coastal deserts, and cold deserts. The environment is very harsh and arid because the desert does not receive a lot of precipitation throughout the year. Usually, the desert received about 50 centimeters of rain per year! I’ve been in the desert since last night and it’s been rough. There is little moisture in the air so the heat from the high temperatures of the day is not held. Last night the temperature plummeted to almost 32 degrees! Deserts are actually cold at night which was not a pleasant surprise for me. The lack of moisture also causes the extreme heat during the day because the sun’s rays are not blocked and go straight into the ground. It’s currently summer so the temperatures during the day are about 86-114 degrees! During the winter months, temperatures range from about 50-64 degrees. There is also little precipitation during the winter but there is some rain. I researched that the rate of evaporation typically overtakes the rate of precipitation, so I’m not counting in there being any rain. I've learned a lot on my trip so far!


                     

See the source image
Image result for climatograph of the hot and dry desert
This is a Climatograph of the hot and dry desert.  It shows the high(red) and low(blue) temperature ranges each month along with the average amount of precipitation(in inches).    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 🌵-Plants & Adaptations

Works Cited

Day 3- Competition