Day 9- Human Impact

Day 9

      Today is my 9th day in the desert. I learned about how humans have impacted the desert biome. I was very concerned when I learned that humans have been negatively impacting the desert through exploitation. This results in the drainage of underground aquifers and soil poisoning through salinisation. This is accelerating the rate at which deserts are drying out and having to be killed off. I learned that desert margins are particularly vulnerable and it is there that humans settlements are most at risk of desertification. I also learned that Humans cause pollution which affects the atmosphere of the desert. Humans drill for fossil fuels such as oils which can negatively impact the desert. Humans also use many machines and factories which can further pollute the atmosphere of the desert biome. Organisms living near these factories or machines are affected first and very quickly by this pollution.  Overall, I learned a lot about the negative impacts cause by humans that affect the desert and I will try my best to prevent these from now on.



See the source image
Factory in the desert




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5 🌵-Plants & Adaptations

Works Cited

Day 3- Competition